Tel: 0207 491 3810
This is without a doubt my favourite Tapas restaurant in
Another, reason why I like El Pirata is the atmosphere; it is somewhat off the beaten path even though it is in
I went there yesterday with a client for a quick dinner and a bottle of wine. We had:
- Jamon Iberico “patas neras” or black feet; absolutely the top quality dried ham;
- Gambas pil pil, spicy giant prawns very good but not very exciting;
- Calamares Romana or deep fried squid – you gotta have it even if it is pretty dull;
- Croquetas de Pollo or deep fried chicken crockets… he insisted! although they are very good if you like this kind of junk;
- Chulettas or roast lamb cutlets – excellent, thin, crunchy yet moist;
- Fabada a bean stew with chorizo and belly pork, this is an all time favourite;
- Table de Quesos Catalana or cheese board with Catalan cheeses… love their dry manchego style cheese;
- And a couple of bottles of Protos Crianza 2001 to wash it all down with. Actually, at £31 per bottle the Protos is great value for money.
Couple of Carlos I to finish off and we where ready to go home!