- 150 grams of fettuccine
- 50 grams shiitake thinly sliced
- 50 grams field mushrooms thinly sliced
- 50 grams ( or any other type of mushroom you happen to have including dried mushrooms in which case keep some of the liquid from reconstituting the dried mushrooms and add a little to the pasta sauce)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp of thyme
- 1 tiny pinch of dried chilli
- half a lemon
In half of the butter cook all the mushrooms and garlic until ready or about 10 minutes. When two minutes remain the parsley, thyme, chilli, the juice of the lemon, some of the dried mushroom liquid and the rest of the butter. Whisk the butter into the sauce so that it emulsifies, season with salt and pepper.
As you where cooking the mushrooms you should have been cooking the pasta in salted boiling water. Take the pasta out of the water and dry it when it is still quite firm then toss it in the mushroom sauce. Some parmesan on top and serve.