Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Grill at the Dorchester

Park Lane,
London W1K 1QA,
(28-03-2007)

Went there yesterday for dinner, was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service. I started with pan fried scallops served on white truffle risotto. The scallops where perfectly cooked but what really made this dish was the risotto. Velvety, light stunning. We had a Louis Latour, Puligny-Montrachet 2002 which was excellent and almost good value at £79.

Main was a fairly unremarkable rib-eye with black pudding. Good but nothing more although the cooking again was perfect. The vine however was a Châteaux Palmer 1990, Troisieme Cru Classe de Margaux I did not see the price but I imagine we paid something like £200 for it. I love Margaux and I particularly love Palmer and 1990 was a very good year. I think Parker gave it 92/100.

I will definitely have to explore the rest of the restaurants at the Dorchester after this experience. Particularly, China Tang’s that looks very promishing.

No comments: