- 400 gr shelled broad beans (or peas);
- 300 gr asparagus (cut of the ends if fibrous);
- 50 gr rocket;
- 50 gr roasted pine kernels;
- 50 gr parmesan cheese;
- 150 ml chicken stock;
- 1 poached ducks egg per person;
- 4 rashes streaky bacon fried till crisp and cut into 2 cm pieces;
- 3 tbsp EVOO;
- 2 egg whites whipped to soft peaks;
- Grilled polenta medallions;
- Finely chopped chives;
- Salt & Pepper.
- Poach beans and asparagus in chicken stock until soft, pour off the stock and mash the vegetables in a blender;
- Make pesto with rocket, pine kernels, parmesan, salt and pepper;
- Combine pesto with vegetables mash and fold in egg whites;
- Make forms of grease proof paper same size as polenta medallion and fill with mousse up to 2 cm thick on a non stick oven tray bake at 200 degrees for 20 min;
- Cover the polenta medallion with the bacon;
- Put mousse on top of the polenta medallion and top with the poached ducks egg;
- Drizzle best quality EVOO over the egg (using truffle flavoured EVOO would be even better);
- Scatter a pinch of chives over the egg;
- Season with S&P.
Note: The mousse can be baked up to half an hour before serving but not much more or it will be too cold.