I had this with lamb at Moro's and simply loved it. The Moro recipe book says to use it with fish such as Monkfish which I have yet to try but I have high expectations. Essentially Muhummra is Mojo Roco with substance and as such can replace it in all recipes. Below is my version with is not quite the same as the Moro recipe but obviously similar.
- 6 large roasted red peppers (you can use canned ones if you are feeling lazy);
- 400 gr toasted walnuts;
- 4 garlic cloves made into paste with 1 tsp sea salt;
- 150 gr bread crumbs;
- 3 tbsp EVOO;
- 1 tbsp roast ground cumin seeds;
- 2 tsp chilli flakes;
- 2 tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar;
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses;
Pulse peppers and walnuts until smooth paste fold in rest of ingredients and hey presto!