- 175 gr. Butter;
- 175 gr. Bitter chocolate 70% or above, grated;
- 180 gr. Caster sugar;
- 3 egg yokes;
- 50 - 100 gr. Ground almonds;
- ( 100 gr. Flour - optional);
- (10 gr ginger jam - optional);
- 3 egg whites whisked until you have soft peaks;
Melt the butter in a pan. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate slowly enough so that it melts in the butter. Add the sugar, yokes and ginger and beat together until you have a paste. Add the flour (if you are using it) and almonds. Gently fold in the egg whites.
Bake at 175 Centigrade in a buttered form for about 20 – 25 minutes. If you want the brownie liquid line the form with butter paper to make it easy to get it out. Let cool before remove from the form. Serve with cream or mascarpone and fresh fruit such as kiwi or strawberries.
(Courtesy of Kristin Hognadottir)