Ingredients (for two):
- 250 grams courgette sliced thinly;
- 125 grams Mozzarella cut up into dices (can also be replaced by ricotta particularly the salty type, would then be a typical Puglian dish and best served with Orecchiette pasta);
- 75 grams grated parmesan cheese;
- 150 ml tinned Italian tomatoes;
- 1 medium sized onion sliced;
- 2 chopped garlic cloves;
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil;
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage;
- Olive oil;
- Salt & Pepper to taste;
- 150 grams spaghetti.
In a deep pan at medium heat sweet the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add the courgette and fry until it starts to go transparent. Add the tomato, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. If the tomatoes are whole mash them up. Let simmer until tomato sauce starts to thicken add the mozzarella and ¾ of the parmesan.
Stir until cheese is melted then poor over the al dente pasta you have already prepared and freshened up with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the pasta and serve immediately.