Ingredients for 18 blinis:
- 40 gr buckwheat flour;
- 125 gr strong plain white flour;
- ¾ tsp salt;
- 5 gr easy blend yeast;
- 150 ml crème fraiche;
- 175 ml whole milk;
- 2 eggs separated;
- 25 gr butter;
- Sift together 1 – 4;
- Warm 5 & 6 until lukewarm then whisk in the egg yolks;
- Mix milk into flour and whisk until you a think batter. Cover with a clean dish cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour;
- Beat egg white to stiff peaks;
- Fold egg white into batter;
- Melt a pinch of butter in a blinie pan and fry about a table spoon of batter for 30 sec a side.
Added a tablespoon of honey (miel de Thyme).