This is one of those simple recipes where quality ingredients make all the difference. It was discovered at the Locando Locatelli booth at the annual Regents Park Restaurant fair, with Giorgio in hand to praise the virtues of this simple yet elegant appetizer.
- Toasted country bread;
- Thinly sliced Italian "lardo";
- Fresh Rosemary;
- Best Olive Oil;
- Maldon Sea Salt.
- Cut hard rind off lard, then cut lard strips into squares;
- Grill country bread, and then scrub with garlic;
- Very importantly, place 2 or 2 lard squares on bread while still hot so that they melt (important to segment the lard otherwise the whole strip would come off with the first bite into the crostini);
- Drizzle olive oil and Rosemary on bread -- don't be bashful;
- Sprinkle salt, and then serve immediately while still hot.